Yogi Berra Yogisms
September 24, 2015
Posted by on
Yogi Berra Yogisms.
My father-in-law is a baseball freak…you know, the kind of freak that knows who played third base for the Yankees in 1967. Me, I can’t even remember Fannie Mae waiting period for a high-balance foreclosure (that’s why I write stuff down). Yogi was one of his favorites, and for good reason. Yogi had unconventional wisdom – something I admire greatly. Here are some of my favorite quotes:
- Perhaps his most famous: It ain’t over ’til it’s over.
- The future ain’t what it used to be.
- I wish I had an answer to that, because I’m tired of answering that question.
- Baseball is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical.
- You can observe a lot by watching.
- If the world were perfect, it wouldn’t be.
- About a St. Louis restaurant: No one goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.
- If people don’t want to come to the ballpark, how are you going to stop them?
- We made too many wrong mistakes.
- You tell the stupidest questions.
- Never answer an anonymous letter.
- In baseball, you don’t know nothing.
- On his hitting approach: I can’t think and hit at the same time.
- So I’m ugly. I never saw anyone hit with his face.
- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- Always go to other people’s funerals. Otherwise, they won’t come to yours.
- And finally, on economics: A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.
Thanks for your wisdom Yogi!
Broker Packages Are Fun, Right?!
Price, Technology and Unique Products
Why I Chose Ethos Lending